Jackie Guevara did an experiment that compared no P or K fertilizer, those elements as recommended by MLSN, and those elements as recommended by SLAN. The results? MLSN and SLAN were both better than nothing. But MLSN used a lot less fertilizer.
Jackie's thesis at Michigan State University was titled "Effects of Different Soil Testing Philosophies on Creeping Bentgrass and Annual Bluegrass Putting Greens." She looked at how much P and K were applied by different interpretation philosophies, how the grass stood up to traffic, and what happened to the elements that were applied.
- All about #MLSN: https://www.asianturfgrass.com/mlsn/
Three blog posts with links to Jackie Guevara's research:
- Follow Jackie on Twitter at https://twitter.com/jackofallturf
- Read more about all kinds of turfgrass topics at https://www.asianturfgrass.com/
- See the ATC newsletters at https://subscribepage.com/atc_newsletters
- Listen to the ATC Doublecut with Micah Woods podcast at https://atc-doublecut.transistor.fm/